Taipei, Taiwan - Day 1


Night before my flight to Taipei, I should have already felt ecstatic about my upcoming trip hence I felt otherwise. To avoid being hassled on the day of my trip, I simply decided to bring a backpack with limited clothes that will be used for a merely 6-day trip. Morning time came, and I head over to my office to accomplish whatever I can to minimize my loads during my return. My mind and time were fully consumed over my deadlines and I almost forgot that I will have a flight later that day.
Around 5:30PM, I started to double check my things. Passport, Check. Visa, Check. Plane Ticket, Check. It was already 6:00PM when I left the office in Makati and head over NAIA Terminal 3. My flight was scheduled to depart around 10:00PM via Cebu Pacific Air.  

My plane departed on time and reached Taipei, Taiwan around 12:00 Midnight. The airport is not that big. The area was approximately the same as NAIA 3 though there were more shops, of course, compare to our NAIA.




From the arrival area, I exchange my Pocket Money (I only brought Pesos with me). 
Exhange rate: 5,000PHP = 3,100NTD. 

Exiting the arrival area, I turned left and went down via the walkalator and reaching the Basement, I turned left for the Bus Terminals bound to different areas in Taipei. I took bus 5502 bound to Taipei City and paid 150NTD. Travel time is approximately 1 hour. Other option during midnight arrival is Taxi. Fare is approximately 1,400NTD.  

From where I got off (I actually don’t know where I am) but my instinct told me I was quite near my area by reading the MRT Stations which I was trying to check along the way. I haled a cab and paid 75NTD. 

Finally I reached my place around 3:00AM.




I went up and drop my things and went out right away to search for food. And yes, just around the corner, there is this 7-11 Store. I grab a can of Beer and Pasta. Comparing to Philippines, 7-11 in Taipei is cheaper and their ready-to-eat foods where in big servings. I paid 70NTD for Pasta and 30NTD for the Beer.


I went back to my place to fill in my empty stomach and grab some sleep to recharge myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment