Seoul - South Korea : Day 1


I booked my ticket via Airasia with flythru to Kuala Lumpur. I arrived at Changi Airport around 7:00PM for my flight to Kuala Lumpur at 9:00PM. I had my dinner in KFC inside the terminal. 


 

I safely arrived in Kuala Lumpur's Low Cost Carrier Terminal around 10:00PM. I was excited to experience riding the AirAsiaX, which uses Airbus A330-300.  All AirAsiaX was set for Long Haul Flights. Like for example, South Korea, Australia, Etc.

My flight bound to Seoul is 1:00AM. It was expected for about 7 hours flying time from Kuala Lumpur to Incheon.


 

 

Around 7:30AM, we landed Incheon. I cannot describe that moment when the FA announce that we are preparing for landing. Overlooking a portion of South Korea from my window seat is a bliss.


 

It was a smooth movement passing through the Immigration. No questions was asked. Relief.


After passing through Immigration, I was stunned by the Interiors of the Incheon Airport. It was pretty good.  I wasn't able to roam around the airport so I cannot say that it is better than Changi. For me, being a frequent traveller coming from Singapore, I can say that, Changi is still the best airport.

  





After checking in to my guesthouse, I rested for awhile before I proceeded to my walk tour. (Separate post for my Guesthouse Experience)

Since I stay around Insadong area, it gives me privilege to save a couple of wons since I don't really need to ride Subways to go from One spot to another. From my guesthouse, I walked around 5 minutes and headed down to Changdeokgung Palace. I paid 3,000.00 KRW.

 







 




After roaming around the Changdeokgung Palace, I headed to the Grand Palace, around 10 minutes of walking, but unfortunately, it was close. 



I simply went through Insadong, Where I purchase some souvenirs and had my lunch in a nearby restaurant. I wasn't able to post some of my photos because some of my files got corrupt :(



I went back to the guesthouse to catch some sleep. Around 5:00PM, I began my walk tour. From my guesthouse, I walked about 20 to 30 minutes going to Myeondong. It was quite a long walk to think. But being a first time in Korea and with a 9 degrees temparature, you will definitely enjoy walking. 







I pass through Myeongdong Cathedral to offer some prayers.

A bunch of locals and tourists can be found here in Myeongdong. Myeongdong is known for being a shopping capital here in Seoul. The prices here is cheaper. Especially the Uniqlo. Uniqlo in Seoul is way cheaper that Uniqlo in Singapore. :) I wanted to buy winter jacket but I have second thoughts since I cannot use such jackets in Singapore. haha!


From Myeongdong, I went uphill to ride the NamSan Cable Car bound to NamSan Tower.


I paid 8,500.00LRW for return tickets.


The view is spectacular. Better photos were corrupted :( Photos below were taken via mobile phone camera.


The world famous, Locks of Love.






From Seoul Tower, I also did walk towards Insadong. As I said, I enjoyed walking while I am here. :) Good sceneries, Good weather. :)

17 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have a lot of nice views in Seoul. The city also looks great at night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, did you just use photos to speak for themselves? I was hoping to see more information about the places you've went though :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a fabulous first day! Such beautiful photographs too!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard that South Korea is much more democratic and open to tourists and its citizens than North Korea, which on the contrary has a very strict regime in any terms. That is why I would rather visit South Korea. So you were lucky that everything went on smoothly there and you were able to document such marvelous places.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photos. Oh my, I wish to visit South Korea too. Hope to see more of your adventures:)-include your budget please so I can plan ahead. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! How did you get to the palace? I went to Seoul last May, but we had no idea how to get there so we weren't able to go. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. A friend told me this:
    The best camera is the one you have (in your hands).
    And for me, no pictures beats the memories that is relived by remember the sights, sounds, smells and feel.
    Are you residing in Singapore?? Nice to meet a fellow travel blogger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ave many friends went Korea this year. But, I am still planning. Thanks for sharing your trip...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am envious! I've been dreaming to fly to Korea but time seems not a friend for now. Your photos are amazing too. I hope you enjoy more of your stay there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seems you really had a great time there! Let me know when ka babalik. Isama mo ako! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice place basing on your photos (never mind the corrupt ones as long as you still managed to post some. We appreciated that anyway), but what a sojourn you had. Never been familiar on that long flight trips from the mentioned distance though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a full day! You did everything already it seems and these places are not really near each other! You can spend a whole day in Myeongdong alone.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been invited by a friend to visit Korea but I didn't take the invitation. Now, looking at your photos got me thinking how wrong was my decision. But then again, I'm hoping I could travel there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome place to visit. I particular love the architecture of the older buildings they are beautiful. It was very convenient that you were lodging in a great location so you didn't have to go far to enjoy the beautiful sighting Seoul had to offer. Great photos. The skyline and lights are awesome!

    http://www.chroniclesofagourmetress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did an amazing job on your first day there. I'm impressed by all the walking and the great photos you took. Seoul is on my list of places to visit someday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The first picture was breathtaking! I bet is a hundred folds better in real life, eh?

    ReplyDelete