DIY Batanes Day 2 - Sabtang Island Tour

After a semi streneous North Batan Tour yesterday, to my excitement, I found myself already  awake by 4:30AM. All geared up for my Sabtang Island Tour.


Dale arrived at the homestay around 5:30AM.  From Basco, we drove for about 30minutes towards Port of Ivana.

The scheduled trip bound to Sabtang is 7:00AM via M/B Sto. Thomas. It is a 60-seater Faluwa (Regular boat without triggers).  While waiting for our departure, I stroll around the area and went inside the Honesty Store which is located  beside the Port.

 

Faluwa is the main water transportation here in Batanes. It also used to transport Construction Materials, Goods and also can carry several numbers of motor bikes.


 

Travel time between Batan Island (Ivana Port) and Sabtang Island (Sabtang Port) is around 30minutes. Payment will be collected at Sabtang Port, but since Batanes is known for their honesty, you can pay your two-way fare when you're back at Ivana Port.


Michael is already waiting at Sabtang Port when we disembarked. I was fascinated by their tricycles. It is a regular motorcycle but their sidecars is thin and the roofing is made of Cogon. 


Below are the list of the spots I'd visited in Sabtang Island: [name of places to follow ^_^]


 


















No comments:

Post a Comment