DIY Solo Trip - Davao City [Day2]

Day 2 - Samal Island


I supposed to meet the habal-habal driver at Samal aroung 7:00AM, when I woke up, around 9:30AM, I received several messages from him asking where am I. I called and told him that I'll be in Samal around 11:00AM. =)

From Homitori, I stroll around Chinatown and Magsaysay Park to lessen my City tour the following day and that two place were just a few blocks away from where I stayed and also on that area where I will ride the bus going to Samal. I waited for about 20mins but there is no sign of Island City Express so I decided to take a bus going to Sasa Wharf (P10.00 from Magsaysay Park) and traveled for about 10minutes. Fare going to Sasa to Samal (v.versa) is P10.00 and you will ride a RoRo (Roll On - Roll Off) type of vessel. travel time is around 10minutes. 

Hope the government will simply construct a bridge from Sasa to Samal for more convenience of everyone since it was just about 1KM away from each other.

Since I am late from my original schedule, I cut off my trip to just Montfort bat cave and Maxima Aqua Fun.










You have to pay P5.00 for environmental fee and P100.00 for the entrance fee. There will be tour guide that will assist you aound the Montfort Bat Cave. At the end of the tour, you will be given a souvenir which is a Golden Seed of Peace. :)








From Montfort, I traveled for about 30minutes going to Maxima Aqua Fun where I wanted to try their famous giant Slide.

I paid another P5.00 for the environmental fee and P200.00 for Package A which includes unlimited slide and swimming with life vest.

There food was not that exceptional but it's affordable not like other resorts that do double pricing. The kind of slide is not new to me since I already experienced such in my Amansinaya Adventure, but gives more excitement is the fact that the tip of the slide is 3 meters above water and you will fall to 120ft depth of ocean water. and that's what you call "JOYRIDE" :)









Around 4:00PM, I left Samal and went back to Davao City. From Sasa Wharf, I take a jeepney going to Abreeza Mall (P14.00).

Abreeza Mall is an Ayala Mall located along J.P. Laurel, what odd to this mall is that their department store is not Rustan's instead, Robinsons. Maybe they Joint Venture for the project. :)








3 comments:

  1. dami tlaga mapupuntahan sa davao

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi may I just ask, if you still have the number of yout habal-habal driver ;) thanks. Pupunta kasi ako next month and magisa lang din ako. thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vernie! Kuya Ramil's number is 09098581115. We hired him just last Thursday. :) He's really good and nice! :)

    ReplyDelete