DIY Solo Trip - Davao City [Day3]

So it was my last day in Davao, below is the street right across the Homitori and it was Sunday yet the entire neighborhood seems so quiet and lonesome.


I stroll around Magsaysay and saw their Chinatown, which more likely Raon instead of Binondo (in my opinion) :) In front of the Arch is the Magsaysay Park and the Magsaysay Fruit Vendors Association where you can really feel the ambiance of Davao from the evident smell of Durian. 









From Magsaysay, I walked toward Sta. Ana Avenue, around 1KM in distance, and ride a jeepney going to   Matina and drop at Quirino Ave cor San Pedro Extension where the Annil Terminal is located, fare is P14.00 from Sta. Ana. The bus is almost empty, I decided to take a quick lunch since it almost 12NN then and travel period going to Calinan is almost 1hr.

I ate at JFC (Jenny's Fried Chicken), being in Davao, you will see everywhere these mini stalls, so  out of curiosity, I did tried. I then found out that JFC did't used spoon and fork but if you're not comfortable to eat using your barehands, you can buy the utensils for P2.00/pair. It was only P26.00 for their 1pc fried chicken and a cup of rice. Though the price is cheap, their chicken is well fried and marinated.

I walked a few meters going to Annil Terminal going to Calinan. I paid P45.00 for an hour ride travel. From Calinan City proper, I rode a Habal-Habal for P20.00 going to Malagos (about 10 minute ride) where the Philippine Eagle is located.





I paid again P5.00 for the environmental fee and P50.00 for the entrance fee. As expected, the Sanctuary showcases all species of Eagle and you will see the largest Philippine Eagle here in the country and it was an amazing experience to personally such an Eagle which represents our beloved country.









From Philippine Eagle, I rode Habal-habal (P20.00) going back to Calinan and rode their Ho-Ho (hop on - hop off) going SM City Davao (P38.00), 




Right across SM City Davao, I tried Davao's Do-It-Yourself burger station called Backyard Burgers. Since it was a customize burger, waiting period is longer that eating period and their burger is EXCEPTIONAL!






After eating Merienda, I went to Hilltop, I rode jeepney going to Toril and drop at Matina (P8.00) and from the junction, I ride Habal-habal (P20.00) going Hilltop. Since I was just done eating, I just simply roam around the Hilltop. (Hilltop is like Antipolo where you can dine at the same time enjoy the overlooking of Davao City)



From Hilltop, I rode Taxi and travel for about 4Km going to Crocodile Park. I was not prepared with the entrance fee (P200.00) so I just simply relax on the benches outside and bought their famous Crocodile Durian Ice-cream (P70.00) where it was made from Durian and Crocodile Egg.





It was 6.00PM when I left Crocodile Park and decide to go back to Downtown to buy some Pasalubong at Aldevinco Shopping Center. From Crocodile Park, I road Pedicab (P20.00) going to Ma-a proper and rode jeepney going to Agdao (P14.00). I was drop at Ateneo De Davao (Main) where Aldevinco is located. Unfortunately, Aldevinco is open until 5PM during Sundays. badvibes.

From Aldevinco, I rode a G-Mall jeep (P8.00) going to Gaisano. I roam around hoping I could find a tiangge where they sell Pasalubong. Unfortunately, found nothing. badvibes.

It was already 7PM, so I was in a rush to go back to Homitori to pick up my things since my flight is 9PM. Luckily, I made it. I was just in the right time for checking-in my things. 



My flight was delayed for almost 20minutes and during boarding, heavy rain pours. It was a stressful flight since several times the captain announced that we are currently experiencing air turbulence and you can REALLY felt and all you can do is pray.

I arrived at NAIA3 around 12MN. Safely. Thanks to the expertise of our Captain and the rest of the Cabin Crew of Airphil Express who were with us during the entire time of turbulence. haha! :)


6 comments:

  1. it's so obvious that you are in the province...walang traffic...hahaha. I was in Davao in 1999 pa and looking at your pics, there are a lot of new places. Maybe one day I can go back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very well budgeted and cost effective trip. Been to Davao too but had to make do with renting transportation since I was with my mom and aunt who are already Senior Citizens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW,

    nice pictures..i like the beauty of Davao City in Philippines. My aunt is there.

    Good information with nice pictures.

    Thank you for sharing with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really informative! :) Kudos and more travels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun. I wish I can go there too someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks clean and a peaceful place. Was the bird heavy? I want to try that! The burger looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete