How to Apply For a Lost PRC License


I went to PRC (Professional Regulation Commission) to apply for my Lost ID, from there site, I printed the form to apply/renew/duplicate license.

       Apply - for first timers
       Renew - for those who has an expired license
       Duplicate - for those who lost their ID but not yet expired.

      For renewal - you have to bring photocopy of your License
      For lost ID - bring notarized affidavit of lost
      For DFA requirement - bring Certificate of Good Standing ( I heard that it can be availed at San  
                                          Lorenzo Building near PRC)
    
   

I arrived early since I have a meeting at work by 10:00AM. I expected that there will be minimal number of people since it was quite early then, but opposite happens when I finally reached PRC, from the main gate, numbers of professionals/soon-to-be-professionals were lined up outside but it goes smoothly once you passed by the guards.

As per the procedures at the back of my printed form, it says that I have to go to window 16 first. Upon looking the area (numbered windows were located at the PRC Main Building),  number of people were already sitting next to each other for that particular window.

Since I was alone that time, I took a chance to asked the window teller directly first if I am on the right track, but she deferred me to window 30 since that window was said to be for Engineers. So I went there, good thing that there were only few people (about 6 before me). The teller easily assessed my form and identity and wrote something on my form and told me to where I should go next. I didn't bother asking him about the RUSH processing since it was clearly posted on each of their windows that FAST ID were temporarily suspended.


This sucks.
The next step is the Cashier. This time, the line was star studded. :) there were only 3 windows accommodating all kinds of transaction happening inside the vicinity of PRC.
Cashier
I paid P250.00 for my transaction and the cashier teller told me to go back to the window were I just came from. When I came back, the line were quite longer compare to when I first came in. On my turn, the teller filled stub. When it handed to me, I was quite disappointed to see that my claim schedule was on July 3, 2012 (about 2 months from now)

It was quite disappointing since over the phone, the operator told me that regular processing time is 3 weeks and Rush processing will take about 2 hours hence, 2 months is too much. but there's nothing else I can do but to wait.




6 comments:

  1. This will be a big help to those who don't have any idea on what to do when they lost their ID. Please comment on my page too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I haven't updated my PRC license for 8 years, I have no use for it anyway.

    The Misis Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had mine renewed last December! It was such a task! Argghh... Good thing there was a "fast lane". I had to pay extra but as long as I don't have to fall in a very long line... I didn't mind.

    Rizza (beingwell)

    ReplyDelete
  4. do i have to bring an affidavit of loss? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. do you still need to bring passport id pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huhuhu I lost my PRC license.. I need to travel their in manila to get a new one.. Hopefully there's a fast I'd release ..cause its so expensive to travel palawan to manila

    ReplyDelete